Easy. Once you have your Samsara account, here are the steps
- Provide us with a few simple pieces of information about your Samsara account
- We will establish the link between Full Circle TMS and Samsara
- This will take about 5 minutes
- Once this “link” is established, go into the “driver profile” in Full Circle TMS and click the HOS menu option
- You just need to select the drivers “Samsara profile” from the drop down and then we have the individual driver relationship (Samsara driver to Full Circle driver) established
- This will take you about 30 seconds per driver
What you get with the integration
Knowledge. For dispatchers, the knowledge about your drivers Hours of Service (HOS) is at your fingertips. Here is a brief summary
- Full Circle will link to Samsara every 15 minutes and update the drivers “time left today” (plus some other data).
- When dispatching, the drivers remaining “hours today” appears beside each driver name in the truck/driver grid.
- Once you have selected a driver (truck) to dispatch, the system will
- calculate the empty and loaded miles
- determine the time required to complete the trip
- indicate how much time the driver has left in their “day”
- warn dispatch if the driver cannot complete the entire trip
- Once dispatched, the system will show the drivers “Available HOS time” and the amount of time for the driver to reach the “next stop”. If the driver will not have enough HOS time to make the “next stop”, the trip will be flagged with a warning. It is up to the dispatcher to determine how to manage the potential HOS issue.
How is it working so far?
References. We have several companies using the interface now. If you want to discuss how it is working for them, please contact Full Circle TMS and I will put you in touch with some of them
What else does Samsara provide besides an ELD solution?
Samsara offers other features besides the ELD solution.
- GPS Fleet Tracking
- Fuel and Maintenance
- Trailer Tracking
- Reefer Monitoring
- AI Dash Cams